Production starts…

… the first 6 boards arrived today with me and were directly loaded with the necessary software and subjected to the basic functional tests:

If now the last questions regarding the charger are clarified (It may be still that one resistances must be Exchange), the boards will go into series production 🙂

All 6 boards have successfully passed the functional test!

More design…

As announced a little crafting fun for you …

An OpenSCAD file with both arrangements of the blueReader modules and two examples:

Download: blueReader.zip

The zip file contains the OpenSCAD file, a screenshot and an exported STL file.

I am looking forward to every suggestion from you!

 

Form and function…

Since I have got some comments on the forms, I would like to go into your ideas and comments, or give you the possibility to create your own forms.

There is a small document: blueReader-meas where the measurements are described and the 123D Design File: blueReader.123dx The file contains the basic form of the blueReader as boxes and two Models I created.

I’m trying to create the days a better OpenSCAD model.

Until then I’m looking forward to your ideas and suggestions!

Neues in Bildern…

After the first pictures and tests of the new blueReader, the design of the final form continues: a comparison between a bm019 module, the test form and a prototype for the final shape.
I hope no one is disappointed 🙂 It is tiny, light and super comfortable on the skin! And it is flexible 🙂

But it is not perfect…

So more diligently other forms printed and compared… All these forms differ in fact only in details and today we got what is missing… The blueReader looks like a car key 🙁 Hard, angular and technical…

So now this form is our next master 🙂 Even from hard plastic it feels soft, round and organic. And it’s not even bigger than the square shape 🙂

Next, a mold will be produced from this print and then the next blueReader…

A new Year…

… and hopefully a happy one 🙂

It goes on! After another, unplanned timeout, through a violent flu right on time for Christmas, I’m back on the legs and working.

Where do we start?
With a few pictures 🙂

A series of prototypes. On the far right the 0.2.0 prototype i have worn in December, still with thick battery right next to the board and the additional charger on top of it. In the middle my development slave 0.2.1. This poor one had to go through a lot a software versions (today I finished version 84 of the blueReader firmware, before that there were many versions of blinkie and uartie firmwares for the basic function tests and optimizations). Next to it, on the left, the same prototype, but with a battery, which I currently carry on my arm.

This has already the final size, but will probably be marginal (about 1mm) thinner. What is still missing is currently the coil for the wireless charger. Those still hang in the customs and are supposed to finally arrive this week …

It also makes a very good impression on the arm, for me at least 🙂

But how does it hang there?

These two neodymium magnets hold the blueReader perfectly in position and also keep it safely during most everyday situations. Cuddling, dog, pulling on and out sweaters and strong turning in the bed can still carry him off the arm. Therefore, almost perfect 🙂 The small magnet is simply fixed with a piece of insulating tape from the hardware store on the Libre, the large one between two layers Leukosilk. In any case, you should pay attention that the magnets do not come into direct contact with the skin, since the usual neodymium magnets are nickel-containing !!!

How is it going now?

  1. Potting tests:
    Because of the missing coils we have been waiting with the potting, but hope to have first results by the end of this week.
  2. Software:
    With version 84 in the basic firmware I think i have now reached the necessary stability to be finally able to start with the libBlueReader. Almost all aspects of the firmware were tested in the last few weeks and were once again reworked, counter-tested and some discarded and re-developed from scratch. Although the current version has only about 3000 lines of program code, each of these lineshas to be perfect, as I absolutely want to avoid that there are problems in the basic functions later, such as the encryption of the connection, or the update function. All “higher” functions can be corrected later in the event of errors by software-updates.

The goal to be able to send the first series to all supporters in January comes into sight now  🙂